Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Finished Piece


I'm finally done with this piece, and I'm very satisfied with it. I've posted it on my portfolio website here.

This kind of whimsical, fantasy stuff is something I really want to do more of. It's so much fun! I will be designing my postcard this week, and hope to get them ordered soon so I can begin sending them out to the companies on my mailing list.

I made a few adjustments to this piece in Photoshop after I scanned it in. As I looked at the painting something didn't seem quite right. The cliffs and castle in the background were too saturated and did not look far away. So I made a new layer, used the magic wand tool to select it, and overlayed a transparent white layer to give it some atmosphere. I think it made all the difference.

Also, something I learned today (which you probably already know if you payed attention in Photoshop class, unlike me): When I posted the piece to my website, the colors were so bright, they looked radioactive. Then i found that if I chose "save for web and devices" in the file menu in Photoshop, the problem is solved! It's the little things in life, really.


No comments:

Post a Comment